Monday, July 5, 2010

Pink is my favorite color. Just Saying.

Well, well, well. As college approaches (61 days I just found out) I have decided to be more faithful to this little blog. I'm going to actually tell people about it soon, so I figured I best keep up my practice.

Today I was scheduled to work 10 hours, but only ended up having to work 8, which is radical. It was so slow due to the holiday, I kind of wanted to rip my hair out. So in my unending boredom I noticed the small calender at the desk I was sitting at. It was a calender with a little saying and Christian tid bit for everyday. Today's specific passage really really stuck out to me.

It is Matthew 6:14

“If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you.


It (the calendar) went on to say this...

"Bitterness is its own prison...the dungeon, deep and dark, its beckoning you to enter...you can choose, like many, to chain yourself to your hurt...
or you can choose, like some, to put away your hurts before they become hates...How does God deal with your bitter heart? He reminds you that what you have is more important than what you don't have. You still have your relationship with God. No one can take that."

WOW. Let me run that last part by you again...
"He reminds you that what you have is more important than what you don't have."

That is incredible! Bitterness is something I specifically have struggled with a lot this past year. Due to obstacles put in my way, and situations I had to go through, I had built up a lot of bitterness, and chained myself to a consuming hatred. This hatred was something I was unwilling to let go of. I told myself I just couldn't do it. While I grasped it and held it tightly to me, it began to block my walk with God. My view of the Son became eclipsed by this anger and bitterness I had in front of me.

It wasn't until the Holy Spirit prompted me that I was unable to continue growing in my faith until I had dealt with this issue. I have. And praise God I am becoming myself again. No longer am I consumed by that which was slowly eating away at my joy in Christ.

So I ask you today, what is it in your life that you are clinging to? Maybe you re not as far along as I was, maybe you re just entering that dungeon. Maybe your just eyeing those chains. But I ask, no I beg you, today, let it be the day you exam what may be the source of anger or bitterness in your life. Ask God to honestly reveal that to you, and help you move past it. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

My chains are gone, what about you?
Sim

No comments:

Post a Comment