Monday, August 2, 2010

Saying Justin Bieber in a British accent is too much fun. Just Saying.

Well, well, well. As college is fast approaching (34 days to be exact) I am getting more and more excited. I find out my roomate this week, which in all honesty freaks me out to the millionth degree. I mean come on, this is the person I have to co-habitate with in a jail cell Esq room for the next year...wow. Now that I've put it in the most odd terms ever...

I've been buying new stuff for school. Of course all the necessities like sheets, and a lamp, etc. But then all of the random stuff you never would think of bringing, but is a totally good idea. Like a bottle of Advil, and tide to go, and a mini thing of dish soap? Living on my own, is going to be a blast- don't get me wrong. But as I am getting swept up in all of this excitement I realize something. I realize I'm taking my eye off of the goal. I'm letting my focus stray away from why I'm actually going to school.

While I cant wait to move in, and there's nothing wrong with having fun in all that is happening, I can't lose my focus. That the reason I am going to this school is to be equipped in the best way possible to tell people about Jesus. Something as important as that can never be left out of mind. All of this makes me think about the human mind. How we are so susceptible to the world around us. We are so easily distracted and caught up in what is momentarily going on. Its so easy to lose our focus, no matter how important it may be.

No matter what your purpose in college is, in life really, I ask you to consider where is your focus? We cannot take our eyes of the destination, or we will fail.

I also ask you today to say "Justin Bieber" in a British accent. It is way too funny. You will be glad you did haha.

Eyes on the prize
Sim

No comments:

Post a Comment