Monday, September 20, 2010

It takes less than a gallon of water to create a whole square mile of fog. Just Saying.

Oh hi, hello there! Im typing this from my dorm room...IN COLLEGE! I know very, very exciting! I haven't written yet, because I've been so so busy! But I am back, so all of you people who have been asking, I am going to honestly try and start writing once a week if not- once every other week. I will be writing specifically about college soon BUT I had to get this out there for all of you:

College has been handing me my fair share of challenges, so I have a challenge for you. It was first given to me in my communications book, and I kind of expanded on that idea...

Picture yourself as a bystander looking at YOU. You are a a bystander viewing your past twelve hours of life. How are you living? How are you treating others? Have you shown an interest in how they really are? Are you supportive? How has your tone been? Your body language? Would you call yourself a good person? Can you honestly see Christ in the way you've been living the past twelve hours?

WOW. How often do we (please notice the use of "we" here) stop and ask ourselves, "Am I living like Christ?" In my own life I can say not really. I think in our lives we so often unintentionally dehumanize others. We strip away their identity as a human beings. For example, picture that person. Yes, that one you have an issue with. They did that thing to you, that one time. How do you view them? Do you see them as a human being made in the very likeness of God the creator Himself?... Ok, so how about that guy that just cut you in line. Or, that guy that's riding your bumper on the road? Are you seeing him as some jerk? Because news flash: Christ died for him too.

I'm guilty of it too. I'm just as in the wrong. Let's challenge ourselves here, to honestly examine the past 12 hours of our lives. AND, yes there's an "and", let's do something about it! Don't just sit here-- lets do something about it this week especially!!

No comments:

Post a Comment